Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stones and Sunsets

The quietness makes my ears ring. At night there is not a sound. Everything and everyone is quiet as though they are experiencing something very holy. Perhaps it is just that sleep after a day filled with fresh air and playing makes a person tired and sleep is a welcome gift.

We have spent the last couple of days taking walks, reading, sleeping, and enjoying the campground. We had to take a run into Riverton to pick up a few groceries. On the way there we stopped at the old quarry by the edge of the lake. The stones there are great for skipping across the water: flat, smooth, and thin. Perfect. I picked up a couple of stones to add to my growing collection. My Aunt Lois from Kansas gave me a beautiful stone which, I think, is from Kansas. I have stones from BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan and now Manitoba. If you ever come to visit us bring us a stone to add to the collection.

Alan is a sunset junkie. He takes the most beautiful pictures of sunsets. We watched the sun set while we were sitting on a picnic table on Sunset Beach. After the sun set Alan and I tried to skip rocks on the water. I don’t have the knack for that but Alan does. it is all in the motion of the wrist. right……apparently I don’t have the right wrist action because my stones plop into water. His on the other hand merrily skip across the water. It is great to see!

No comments: