Friday, July 11, 2008

On with life


It has finally arrived. The final day of CPE!!! I am so glad it is here but I am ready to have a break. I think I have said this before - perhaps a few times, eh? I know, I know, its been my mantra lately! What an amazing journey this has been. I have grown so much over the past 11 weeks - I am in a completely different space today than I was when CPE began. No doubt part of it is due to just being home and getting reacquainted with the man I love and leaving the stress of seminary behind. I have met three wonderful people who have made the CPE journey a positive experience, my two peers and my supervisor. So today is bittersweet because I need to say goodbye to some patients who have welcomed me into their journey of healing and dying. I also need to say farewell to some of the staff who have been instrumental on this journey. Then it's on with life! I can't wait for the rest of the journey.

3 comments:

dyannanoble said...

Yay! the end of CPE! I echo your sentiments. i am super super ready to be finished. But i also don't want to go either...its hard to be pulled in two separate directions. I hope you had a fabulous last day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a special day! Savour it.

Where are you doing internship again? I heard, but it seems to have slipped my mind.

Erik

SecondfromFirst said...

I am going to Sherwood Park Lutheran here in Winnipeg - weird eh? People keep asking me if I am going to Alberta. I say no! just to the cheezy sounding part of East Kildonan here in Winnipeg - the Forest they call it - gack!