Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 1

Holidaze - Day 1

We slept in to 1030!!! Holy Cow! We never do that! But it was so good to sleep. I don’t give my body enough sleep, obviously. Alan and I ate a late breakky thing and then we set up the add-on screen room to the trailer. Once that was done we went to pick up a couple of things we had forgotten (Murphy’s Law) and then came back to start supper – hamburgers served with mushroom, spinach and garlic sauté. Alan’s sister Pat made us some desserts – that was so nice of her. Then after supper and doing the dishes we went on a “honk”. This word ”honk” has been in my family for years. Every night for two weeks at Shuswap Lake Campground in BC Mum, Dad, Rachel, and I after supper would go for a leisurely walk around the campground. The “honk” would inevitably end up at the corner store where we would pick up an ice cream treat. We would spend time visiting with people there and getting to know the store managers – my Dad liked to do this. Then we would meander back to our site and light a fire.
This is what Alan and I did too. Although we didn’t get to go to the ice cream store we had a lovely “honk” down by the lake and around the town. We came back and lit a pithy fire – the wood was to green – and were in bed by 2300. A lovely day..

No comments: