Friday, July 18, 2008

Rebel with a cause

Holidaze – Day 4

It is official.

I….am….a…..book burner (gasp!!!) Can someone please pick the librarian up off the floor???? Thank you.

Yes. I am a rebel. I tore apart a book…. I admit it. It felt so good to do it!

I tore it apart not because it was heresy but because I was bored by it and I needed fodder for the pitiful fire. I was trying to read A Prayer for Owen Meany. It was really good up until the middle then it went down hill and I was having a hard time staying involved in it. Sorry John Irving, your book did not do it for me.

After a while I thought to myself, “Self, why must I waste my time trying to read this??? Surely there are other books I brought in my pack that would capture my attention?” And yes, yes there were. So…into the fire page by page it went.

I am such a rebel and proud of it.

1 comment:

dyannanoble said...

Jennifer!! Thou Shalt Not Burn Books!!! (i think its somewhere in the back)

Especially a John Irving! oh my soul!

Hope you had a great vacation!